If you are looking out for new shoes with your scrubs, then this article is for you. Life at the hospital is like 24 hours shift every day, and nurses work there round the clock; at the end of the day, their feet get tired, and they might experience strain on their feet or worse.
In this article, you will be told about comfortable nursing shoes. And some tips on how you can take care of your feet. There are a variety of shoes to wear with scrubs, and obviously, not every shoe is suitable for everyone, so in this article, you will be told about the top few shoes to go with your scrubs in order to run around the hospital comfortably.
Shoes to wear with scrubs
Here is a list of the top 10 shoes you can buy to style with your scrubs.
- Asics actually don’t have removable insoles inside them.
- They are considered athletic tennis shoes, and nearly all of them are mesh styles, so they are hardly water-resistant, so it’s going to be a bit difficult to clean them from outside.
- The price varies from $40 to $180.
- Alegrias are considered among the most popular shoes in the nursing community.
- They have not only removable but also replaceable insoles made of cork memory foam and latex, which makes them have a pretty good shape of your feet, providing good arch support.
- Alegria is available in medium and wide widths, as per your preference, so if you have wide flat feet, they are perfect for you.
- Their hard surface makes it easier to care for them and clean them with any antibacterial wipes.
- The price ranges from $70 to $140.
- They are considered in the athletic shoe category.
- They don’t have specific removable insoles in them.
- They are not water-resistant.
- Cleaning them is a bit difficult.
- The prices range from $80 to $160.
- A lot of people find converse very comfortable and are satisfied to wear them at work, some do have bad experiences because of their flat feet, but it all depends on the type of your feet.
- They are comfortable.
- They have good durability.
- They are not very expensive.
- Dansko is a lot more popular than Alegria in the nursing community.
- They have their own arch support technology.
- They have removable insoles and support most orthotics.
- They have anti-fatigue rocker bottom and, according to them, consist of a roomy toe box for wiggling.
- Their price varies from $100 to $150.
- Style-wise, klogs are smaller and more knockoff versions of Dansko.
- They have a true comfort insole in them for their health care line.
- It is a hard surface shoe, which makes it easier to clean and wipe off.
- Their price ranges from $60 to $125.
- They are very simple, functional, and stylish.
- Nikes might have to go for a wash for cleaning.
- They are quite comfortable walking around and even run if necessary.
- The price is quite high, from $40 to $150.
- They fall in the same category as tennis shoes.
- They have no personalized or removable insoles in them.
- Their price starts from $50 to $80.
- They have quite upgraded their styles, but you might want to categorize them as basic shoes or standard shoes.
- They have the more popular shape of klog and Dansko.
- They have multilayer corrective orthotics built inside them.
- They are easy to clean.
- They have a hard surface, and they are stain-resistant.
- They are quite affordable, starting from $40 to $80.
- Sketchers are new emerging shoes in the nursing community.
- They have memory foam lining on the bottom of their shoes, so it’s not as separate layers in between them or anything.
- The interesting fact is that they claim to have water and stain protection for some of their shoes.
- The price ranges from $50 to $100.
Klogs vs. sneakers
Klogs (Mackay SKU)
- They have easy slip-on construction.
- From the inside, klogs consist of a breathable antimicrobial lining that helps keep your feet dry and odor-free.
- They offer removable antimicrobial odor resistant and latex footbed.
- They are designed to reduce fatigue while providing superior arch support for all-day comfort.
- At the bottom of clogs, they have a shock-absorbing, non-marking, and slip-resistant polyurethane outsole.
- They are quite comfortable to go around with.
Sneakers (Snibbs shoe)
- They are water-resistant.
- They are durable.
- They have a collection for both men and women.
- They are quite affordable.
- The top has hydrophobic material, so it’s definitely water-resistant.
- You can clean it with bleach, and it won’t tarnish the color.
- They have a slip-resistant carbon sole on the bottom, which makes the person feel safe wearing them.
- They have removable and replaceable ortho soles in them.
- They were specifically designed to relieve stress and strain from feet.
- They are slip-on so that you can wear them easily, but they do have laces on them.
- The laces were made to adjust the size of the shoe according to your feet.
- They have a deep heel cut that helps stabilize your foot, so your knee, your hips, and ankles will be more in alignment.
Here is a short comparison between klogs and sneakers, but not everyone might agree with this since everyone has a different foot structure. Some might be more comfortable with klogs, while others might find sneakers as comfortable shoes. Klogs, as well as sneakers, have different shape cuts, which may or may not fit in every foot. The people with wide feet mostly complain about klogs as compared to sneakers.
What to see while buying a shoe?
There are few things that you need to acknowledge before entering a shoe shop. Not every good shoe will prove to be good for you; here are three things to keep in mind before taking out your money.
Your own feet
It might sound weird, but it’s your feet; you have been walking with It for a while. You need to know what type of feet you have, are your feet flat? Are they wide? Maybe overarched. Do you distribute your weight on them differently? The first thing is to understand what your feet need in order to be comfortable.
In some hospitals, there are rules to be followed. In few hospitals, you might see directors walking around in tennis shoes. While some hospitals have very strict policy overshoes, they might want you to have hardcover shoes. So, make sure you understand your policy before buying a shoe.
You need to find a shoe that’s comfortable, stylish, and affordable. So, you don’t necessarily have to invest all your money in a good shoe.
Increase comfort life of your feet
A nurse job is one of the hectic jobs; you have to be on your toes all the time; at this time, you cannot afford self-injury. You will have to take really good care of your feet and choose the right shoes for you, so you don’t have to experience unnecessary pains; this can be done by increasing the comfort life of your feet by using some techniques.
You can wear compression socks which is a very popular and common thing that nurses usually wear. Compression socks increase blood flow through our legs and feet and help us get that life back in our feet.
The insole or personalized orthotics
Most of the above-mentioned shoes have removable insoles, but you might not find them in every pair you buy. So, you can always install an insole on your own. Plus, if you are experiencing orthotics and meet an orthopedic doctor, you can put insoles inside your shoes upon their advice.
Regular exercise and breaks
Now being a nurse cannot afford breaks and relax time, neither can you expect a nurse to sit down somewhere for a long period. Nurses work 8 to 12 hours shift daily, and their feet get tired by the end of the day. Even after all of this, they do need to take breaks, and relax for a while and do the same thing for their feet as they are doing for their patients, care.
In a nutshell
It is a humble request to all the nurses to take good care of their feet and buy those shoes which fit them perfectly. It is important to do a proper survey and test all the shoes, then finding the best possible shoe for you would be a lot easier after you have tried all of them.
To sum up, everything we have discussed so far, the article tells you a list of few really good shoes, that have highest ratings till now, and also some tips before buying yourself a shoe. I hope it proved to be helpful for all those who are new to this and are looking for perfect shoes to wear during duty.
Leave a Reply